Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Starting a Book Club - With Your Child

I love reading.  

From the first day of teaching, I have expressed my love and excitement of reading.  I have always explained to my students, and their parents, that my goal is to have them leave my classroom enjoying the turn of a page, the story, the characters, and all that they learn from reading.

So, when my daughter was born, we began reading to her, every day, multiple books.  I am so happy that she still enjoys reading.  

Recently while I was reading a magazine, I came across this advertisement from Starbucks and I tore it out:
photo 1.JPG

It got me thinking.

Then while on Twitter, a couple of days ago, I read 10 Ways to Inspire a Love of Learning from Getting Smart.  I began thinking again, after reading # 7 - Join (or start) a Family Book Club.  What a fun idea!

I will reach out to a couple of friends who have children around the same age as my daughter to try it out.   Why not give it it a go?

For those who want to try something like this at home, in the classroom, and/or school, here are a few book club resources for various ages.






No comments:

Post a Comment